Friday, May 7, 2010

The Secret

I used to think that the concept of The Secret was common knowledge, spun into something bigger than what it was in order to make money. It's the capitalist way. No one really cares about you; they only care about increasing their profit. I dubbed it The Gossip, because that is how it spread.

Person to person: "Hey have you heard about the book/dvd/concept The Secret? No! You have to read it, it will change your life!!"

It rolled like a snowball, getting bigger and more powerful... When it finally reached me, I spent a day on it and then tossed it aside. Positive thinking! Wow revolutionary! This is really going to change my life.

Today, in my desperation, I turn back to it. It states that there are three steps to follow in order to use The Secret:

Step 1: Ask
You have to know what you want, and when you do, just ask... once is enough.

Step 2: Believe
You must believe that what you want is yours the moment that you ask for it. Believe in the unseen. Live your life as if you already have what you want.

Step 3: Receive
Feel good: as if you are about to recieve it. "When you feel as though you have it now, and the feeling is so real that it is like you have it already, you are believing that you have received and you will receive."

It's that simple.

That is my inspiration for today: believing that what I want will come true. At this moment in time, believing involves the letting go of many things in my life... detaching... I've been questioning the repercussions of such a bold action... but questioning inplies a lack of belief. So, here goes nothing!

In the dark, for a while now
I can't stay very far
I can't stay much longer
Riding my decision home

No comments: